Programme Specialist (Innovation), P-3, Jakarta, Indonesia
Vacancy No: E-VN-2015-002523
Duty Station: Jakarta
Job Level: P-3
Application Close: 28-Oct-15
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the Innovation Specialist is responsible for managing the Innovations Lab, which will be mainstreamed as a core strategy across each of the UNICEF programme sections.
The Innovation Specialist will coordinate and provide ongoing technical support to each programme team in the design and implementation of their respective Innovation initiative(s), in coordination with the NYHQ Innovation Unit and the Regional Office where applicable. A specific focus is on engaging with young people to facilitate their participation in the country’s overall development.
Key Expected Results
- Innovation strategy: Cross-sectoral innovation strategy and work plan in support of the 2016-2020 country programme are finalized and operational.
- Implementation of Innovation Strategy: The innovation Strategy is implemented through a cross-sectoral Innovation Lab and in close collaboration with programme sections.
- Scale up of U-Report: U-Report as a main platform for youth engagement is massively scaled up in partnerships with youth organizations, private sector, government counterparts and other partners
- Operationalization of RapidPro: The SMS-based platform RapidPro is made operational and use is being supported across programmes.
- Knowledge Management and Advocacy: Innovation initiatives are regularly documented and disseminated to stakeholders and partners.
- Innovation Lab: An innovation lab works to support design and implementation of innovative approaches across programmes.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Social Policy, Social Development, Social Media, Design, Innovations, Computer Sciences, or other relevant disciplines.
- At least five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience at the national and international levels in programme management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in programme design and implementation of Innovation initiative(s) is required. Experience in engaging with young people would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second UN language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) and/or the local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Analyzes and integrates potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
- Contributes and tries out innovative approaches and insights.
To apply, click here.