Job Number: 494003 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you. For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The Innovation Unit in UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen is seeking a dedicated:
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Innovation)
GS-5 level, post no. 83703
PURPOSE OF POST:
Under the general guidance of the Chief, Innovation the Project Assistant (Innovation) will be working as part of Supply Divisions Innovation Unit, which has global responsibility for Product Innovation within UNICEF. The Project Assistant (Innovation) supports the Innovation Unit’s strategies for products, services, processes and concepts to solve essential challenges for children and to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS:
Under the guidance of the Chief, Innovation, the incumbent will provide assistance in the following areas:
1. Support the Innovation Unit through administrative duties including, but not limited to, overview of budgets, processing invoices, offering information for relevant reports and arranging travel.
2. Support the team regarding various ad-hoc tasks to aid in the daily work of the innovation unit, such as printing of relevant material, booking of meetings and events etc.
3. Provide support to the management and running of the Innovation Review Board (IRB).
4. Support the Innovation Unit through the creation of communications materials, e.g. presentations, press releases, web (internet and intranet platform) communication etc.
5. Provide support to Product Innovation Projects regarding user research, development of new products, financial incentives to develop and other matters.
6. Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Completion of secondary education, with additional courses in business, communication, marketing, design and innovation, sciences, social science or related field.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience relevant to supporting and office management
- Experience with organizing and building structures for managing practicalities, quantitative data, communication, media, design & innovation, project management or similar.
- Fluency in English.
- Additional training or courses in project management, innovation, health, water & sanitation, nutrition etc.
- Additional experience in Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project etc.,) as well as CMS systems such as Red Dot, Drupal etc., and ERP systems such as SAP (Vision)
- Experience in working in international workplaces.
- Experience with organizing events or meetings.
- Knowledge of another UN language, preferably Spanish or French.
- Knowledge of Danish.
COMPETENCIES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Values and Competencies: Our Core Values reflect attitudes and convictions that are shared across all UNICEF staff and include diversity and inclusion, integrity and commitment. The successful candidate must believe in the core values and have the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for UNICEF’s mandate. The required competencies for this particular position are:
Communication (Level 1)
Working with People (Level 2)
Drive for Results (Level 1)
Analyzing (Level 1)
Learning and Researching (Level 1)
Planning and Organizing (Level 1)
Following Instructions and Procedures (Level 1)
Kindly refer to http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_apply.html for more information on the UNICEF Competency Framework.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at jobs.unicef.org. All applications should be in English and applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. If you wish to apply for this position, it is advisable that you do not wait until the last minute to do so, in case you encounter any technical problems using the e-recruitment system. In case of any technical problems please contact: eRecruitment@unicef.org
Kindly note that candidates will be assessed on foundational and functional competencies and that diversity and gender balance are also factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Lilia Winkel-Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position must be received by 16 February 2016
KINDLY NOTE THAT Applicants must have a VALID working permit and Residency in Denmark
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date 1 Feb 2016 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date 16 Feb 2016 Aus. Eastern Standard Time