Title: Zika Virus U-Report LAC regional engagement contractor
Duty station: Panama City, Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office (LACRO)
Date of Entry: 4 April, 2016
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Duration: 8 months
Under the guidance and supervision of the UNICEF Regional Chief of Communication, and in close collaboration with LACRO Innovations focal point, the UNICEF Global Innovation Centre and as a member of the ZIKV LACRO cell, the U-Report LAC Regional Engagement Contractor will coordinate and provide technical guidance for the implementation of the ZIKV regional U-Report initiative.
This will include facilitating UNICEF Country Offices in LACRO to progressively use the platform, setting up national Steering Committee, identifying key partnerships, as well as day-to day management of U-Report and liaising with the tech components of the platform.
The key responsibilities of the Zika Virus U-Report LAC regional engagement contractor will be:
Under the guidance of the Regional Chief of Communication and in close collaboration with the C4D specialists in the ZIKV cell and the LACRO Innovations focal point, U-Report LAC Regional Engagement Contractor will be responsible for providing leadership in managing the platform including:
- Partners’ management, especially with PAHO, UNFPA, IFRC, CORELAC, World Vision, Save the Children and Plan International, and liaising with internal and external coordination committees to use U-Report during the ZIKV response as well as identify programmatic opportunities to use U-Report beyond ZIKV.
- Coordination with relevant programme teams in LACRO and at CO level
- Coordination with the Global Innovation Center, LACRO communication section, COs communication focal point and partners on content development, representation (dashboard for public and partners), platform and website management, etc.
- The U-report Engagement Specialist will deliver:
- Coordination framework for UNICEF COs and partners developed detailing the Steering Committee constituencies (roles and responsibilities of different partners), functionalities and the framework for engagement.
- Work closely with the U-Report Global Innovation Centre team to effectively plan scale-up activities and poll scheduling within the region.
- ZIKV prevention flow of messages, risk perceptions surveys, mini-KAP surveys and other type of content developed in collaboration with ZIKV cell colleagues, partners and UNICEF COs and launched via U-Report
- ZIKV knowledge bank developed with Q&As flows automatically programmed to respond to U-Reporters queries;
- U-Reporters Contact groups and sub-groups managed in collaboration with partners
- Detailed plan for recruitment of U-reporters and supportive community engagement developed, in coordination with the social media consultant, achieving a 50% increase in the enrolment of U-Reporters during the time of the contract;
- Weekly reports developed and shared among LACRO, UNICEF COs and partners, detailing the level of engagement rate, rumours’ monitoring, reports on polls, mini-KAPs and other type of intelligence extracted from U-Report
- Training package for partner focal points developed
- Paper produced highlighting the programmatic opportunities for LACRO and selected COs to use U-Report beyond ZIKV.
- University degree in Social Science and/or Communication Studies
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management in technology for development specific programs with a successful track record.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in partnership development, youth engagement and youth outreach, particularly using social media and digital media.
- Experience in supporting and coordinating project activities across a large organization and with other international organizations.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills. Fluency in written and verbal English and Spanish is essential
It is highly recommended that the consultant has:
Previous working experience with U-Report (Rapid Pro and Partners Page).
Prior working experience with UNICEF as an asset.
Experience with a high-level communications campaign across multiple mediums, with national brand recognition.
Experience giving user-based feedback to the development of software applications.
Understanding of community-based channels of influence, community-based communication and development.
Experience working with community based organizations.
Experience with monitoring and evaluation of projects with multi partner engagement.
- Capacity to work in stressful conditions
- Willingness to travel extensively through the LAC-region (over 50%)
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting conditions and work demands
- Capacity to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with RO and CO colleagues and external partners.
- High level of integrity and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
- Analytical and conceptual ability, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
How to apply:
- Please send your application under Ref: Vacancy Notice #LAC-16-006, Zika Virus U-Report LAC regional engagement contractor.
- Complete application form (P-11) by accessing the following link: http://www.unicef.org/lac/contact_3343.htm and update curriculum vitae and submit to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31 March 2016
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the two most recent PER/Personnel Evaluations (mandatory for UNICEF & UN candidates)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.